View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Default pain

TOP,
sorry to hear your surgeon's time seemed limited w/u and you didn't hear what you might have wanted to. I have osteoporosis and found out this year low Vit D and was advised to take 5000mg or iu of Vit D altho read that's excessive so stopped. I think I best check this out as I don't want to worsen my osteoporosis and I know I need the Vit D in order to help.

Anyway, I hope you won't have to have another surgery and that if you use a bone growth stim that will help or that fusion will happen even if more slowly than expected. I wonder if there are any rather alternative methods of helping with the bone growth stimulation. Sometimes I think we don't get the best information from our surgeons on post op appts. at least here in the US and care is fragmented so one has to find the right person(s) to give out information one might not otherwise get.

You might want to review your diet as well and read up on nutritional healing just as a factor in healing not necessarily a complete cure all altho you may already be pretty cognizant of what nutritional value there is in foods you eat.

Good luck and hope you will find some answers out there that will not lead to another surgery unless that's absolutely necessary.