View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Tired of Pain, I am hoping that your pain all gets explained to you on the 29th. I have had hip pain since my scoliosis and kyphosis surgery in Oct of 2010. I woke up from surgery with it. I since had a few more spine surgeries , but the pain remains. I had my hips checked out, my right was already replaced. It is definitely from my spine.
sleep has been a problem for me for years, until i went on a medication called trazadone. My primary, psychiatrist as well as other docs have all told me of no side effects associated with it and it works pretty good to keep me asleep for about 7 hours. I couldn;t survive with out it.
I am still on percocet and have taken it since my hip replacement in 2008. I have had so many surgeries since then and am left with some pain/discomfort when standing, or walking. I seem to do better with hiking which i have recently started. Must be the extreme angle. As i cant really stand up straight.

About working, my doc thinks i should be on disability, but i do not qualify as i worked for the schools and we don't pay into social security. My life circumstances now require that i work . It won't be pretty is all i can say.

But i hope for the best for you in some way. Take care and write any time . I do a lot of venting on here and elsewhere. It seems to help!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot