Thread: I'm done!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Default I'm sorry

I don't know if I'm one of the people you're talking about and I hope not tho I've been very absorbed here in parental care as I left CA on Nov19th to spend the holidays with my 88 y.o. father who lives alone in Fla. and shouldn't and on Christmas night he fell in the bathroom as he was having acute stomach pain.

Ends up he has something called a Volvulus or a part of the intestine that flipped on itself and was strangulating so Dec. 27th a.m. he had emergency surgery to fix this and he's been hospitalized ever since.

I've been at the hospital at least 6 hours/day and I'm an old time spiney who after 2 discectomies with last one failing miserably has avoided more recommended surgery so I'm just hanging in there by the skin of my teeth so to speak emotionally and physically much of the time.

So if I've only replied to a few persons it's basically been because I thought I had something to contribute there but maybe nowhere else.

And I've known Mark for awhile now (since around 2000?/followed his pre-op lumbar discs ADR posting at Braintalk back in 1998) so I may follow his posts regularly to see how he's doing tho I think I try to contribute to as many as I feel I can ...

Again I'm sorry you are feeling this way and hope you will reconsider as there are people here that would miss your contributions and I know even if I've not posted a reply I've definately read your posts and have appreciated them.

BTW I have a whole host of my own issues that I'm so involved with so again my apologies if I've been one of the ones that has neglected your posts.. I certainly haven't meant to.

take care ~ Maria

Last edited by Maria; 01-07-2010 at 01:21 PM.