View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 AM

Default Thinking of you

Katherine and Jamie, I so understand the emotional aspect of what you guys are going through. I didn't have ADR but fusion and the thought of going back to work at 3-4 months astounds me. I know ADR and fusion are not the same obviously but these are both major surgeries.

Seven months is still a matter of months and it seems things can take a long time to heal.

My life is so different now from before my accident I have no idea what normal is and barely remember it but know it was a lot better than things are now. I just have to keep that saying in mind that I can't change my circumstances but I can my attitude. I've been using this on myself when I get really depressed as this stuff obviously can get pretty discouraging to say the least.

Please hang in there, your still recovering. I'm impressed your working!!!

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.